New York, New York
• There will be a chance to try Peter's techniques during the class. Please bring your camera with either an 85-105mm lens on a full frame camera or around 50-70 on a cropped sensor.
• We STRONGLY encourage masks to be worn during the class due to the surge in COVID cases.
• You may bring your own food and drink to this event.
• We will be meeting within the hotel not the Machine Shed. Please enter through the hotel lobby.
Peter has designed his Headshot Crash Course in order to give you a jolt into what he considers Headshotland. The concepts laid out are his tried and true ideas that Peter can’t live without whenever he's got someone in front of his camera.
As we all know, the most important thing in a portrait will always be the human face. For the photographer it doesn’t matter how far the subject is away from the camera, it’s always been our job to capture an interesting expression from our subjects. These are the techniques Peter uses no matter where someone happens to be in the frame and they work whether the subject is 3 feet away or 30 feet away from your camera. Peter is simply using his headshot taking process to shine a spotlight on these principles during this workshop. He's developed what he believes are the foremost tactics in pulling the best out of people in order to create images that capture their most interesting expression.
1. Watch Peter shoot his signature lighting setups that he uses to shoot all his headshot clientele.
2. Go hands-on and photograph a subject using Peter's technique.
3. Gain valuable insights into how to direct your subject toward captivating expressions to take your work to another level.
Peter is a world renowned photographer who for the past 20 years has been fixated on the faces that fill his frame. He spends his days in studio unpacking the relationship between how his clients' internal though processes affect their outer appearances. He's TEDx speaker on the subject, author of The Headshot, and founder of the Headshot Crew, which comprises the largest group of headshot specialists globally.
"Twin Cities Professional Photography Association" is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. Copyright 2017 TCPPA all rights reserved.