Twin Cities Professional Photographers Association Print Awards
The Twin Cities Professional Photographers Association awards have changed over the years to keep up with the trends in imaging. The awards are achieved by entering our print competition. The images are judged by PPA Master Photographers using the Twelve Elements of a Merit Print. View our Competition Rules if you would like to enter. Only printed entries submitted by current members are eligible for awards, but you may like to enter to see how your images compare.
It is a wonderful learning experience as the judges discuss what they like about an image or improvements to make the image a merit print.
The next Print Competition takes place January 25, 2016.
The Current Awards are:
- Portrait Photographer of the Year- top scoring print case in Portrait category (top 3 scores)
- Wedding Photographer of the Year- top scoring print case in Wedding category (top 3 scores)
- Illustrative Photographer of the Year – top scoring print case in the Illustrative Category (top 3 scores)
- Senior Photographer if the Year - top scoring senior composites (top 2 scores)
- Top Album Photographer – top scoring album entry (Physical or digital albums by current members qualify)
- TCPPA Photographer of the year- high print case score of 4 entries (top 4 scores in the case if more than 4 are entered). This will be a non-master.
- TCPPA Master Photographer of the Year - high print case score of 4 entries (top 4 scores in the case if more than 4 are entered) for a Master Photographer
- Certified Professional Photographer of the Year - high print case score of 4 entries (top 4 scores in the case if more than 4 are entered) for a Certified Professional Photographer
- Judges Choice – Judges to determine after all scoring is complete
- Best of Awards (top scoring print in each category)
- Kodak Gallery Award - Judges will choose one print to receive this award. Image must have been printed on Kodak Paper.
- Fujifilm Masterpiece Award Certificate - Portrait Category - Judges to determine the best representation of professional photography in the portrait category.
- Fujifilm Masterpiece Award Certificate - Wedding Category - Judges to determine the best representation of professional photography in the wedding category.
- Student Photographer of the Year – top scoring print case submitted by a eligible student member (top 3 scores).
- 1st Time Case Entry - top scoring print case (top 3 scores) from someone who has not ever entered a TCPPA print competition.
- 48 Hour Challenge - Judges to select the best interpretation of an original image. (This will be a digital entry)
Past Award Recipients
|2012 Print Awards||2011 Print Awards||2010 Print Awards||2009 Print Awards|
|2008 Print Awards||2007 Print Awards||2006 Print Awards||2005 Print Awards|
|2004 Print Awards||2003 Print Awards||2002 Print Awards||2001 Print Awards|